- Preparing of TM and GIS data and producing DEM-first season of 2005
Preparing of data such as ASTER SPOT TM or MODIS GIS data
- Spatial analysis- Second season of 2005
Basing on DEM,we modify TM image and Spatial analysis
- Production of basic maps (moisture)- Third season of 2005
Basing on DEM, it is planned to produce a series of environmental elements maps such as evaporation power map, accumulated temperature map, moisture map, and agricultural productivity potentiality map etc.
- Field surveying- Fourth season of 2005
Research on the spectrum feature of ecological environment elements (water, vegetation and heat), field investigation on various ecological environments and spatial variation of the reflective spectrum.
- Classification of land cover- first season of 2006
The project also plan to use CORINE Land Cover 50 and 100 to classify the TM images
- Building up the evaluation model of eco-environment- Second season of 2006
Evaluation is made on the ecological environment quality, capacity and its renewal capability through GIS models and environment fragility formula combined with remote sensing thermal capacity, vegetation changing ratio and ecological water changing rate, with the support of the information from the weather stations at different levels such as the monthly rainfall, the monthly average temperature, sunlight percentage and evaporation ratio, and by way of modifying the formula coefficient structure.
The acquirement of environmental elements’ weight will be achieved according to the regression results of training areas. The evaluation equation will be established by use of the regression method, then be used to calculated the images again , finally the eco-environmental classes will be zoned according to the new image values.
And accordingly, an evaluation model is set up from the remote sensing background value and a system established from the remote sensing background value of the ecological environment.
- Building up set up a set of index system of remote sensing for eco-environment- Third season of 2006
The value system established is to be changed into various parameters and be applied with different evaluation methods. Then by refining value system and establishing standards, diagrams of Fujian ecological environment types can be drawn up (diagrams of vegetation, humidity, temperature and quantity of heat)
- Publication of papers- Fourth season of 2006
The project is expected to publish five research papers on Chinese Journals such as “Acta of Appllied Ecology”, “Fujiian Geography” and some Hungarian publications (Geodézia és Kartográfia, Térinformatika, GIS Open and “FIG”conferences).
Fujian Normal University
The two institutions reached the following aims for the year 2005 and 2006:
- Based on the previous project to enhance the synthesis analysis model for ecosystem environment;
- According to the remote sensing information to verify the evaluation model of an ecosystem environment
- To implement the established remote sensing background value of ecosystem environment;
- To implement the Virtual Geographical Environments as an open, scalable, flexible system