Water resources management in protected areas
Programme: Interreg III B CADSES
|Date of project start
||01/06/2006 (UWH-GEO: 17/08/2006)
|Date of project finalisation
|Duration in months
Aim: To develop participatory river basin planning procedures based on stakeholder networks to contribute to implementation of the Water Framework Directive.
||Regione Friuli Venezia Giulia
||University of West Hungary, Faculty of Geoinformatics
||Chamber of Agriculture of Fejér County
||Aitoliki Development Enterprise S.A.
||Meditteranean SOS Network
||Centre for Community Organizing Central Moravia
Pilot project: Lake Velence watershed
Overall, long-term objectives
- Promote sustainable use of natural resources (esp. water) considered in an integrated perspective at river basin scale.
- Promote participatory and collaborative land/water management based on common spatial visions.
- View protected areas as an opportunity to achieve sustainable development for neighbouring communities.
- Produce a prototype participatory process for river basin planning available for river basin authorities throughout the EU (Methodological Procedures).
- Provide decision-makers and stakeholders with efficient and shared river basin management schemes (Action Plans).
- Develop specific and integrated tools for land/water management in protected areas (Spatial Planning Concepts).
- Increase stakeholders' knowledge and capacity building at both national (no. 20-30 participants per workshop) and transnational (transnational water network linking the established partnerships) levels.
- Gain a common vision among all relevant authorities, water users and territorial actors participating in the river basin partnerships (partnerships).
More information: http://cadses-warema.net/